| Toronto, Ontario Lawyers, Legislation |


   Laws, Legislation in Toronto, Ontario

Condominium Act , section: 76

Property Law, Status certificate

The corporation shall give to each person who so requests a status certificate with respect to a unit in the corporation, in the prescribed form, that specifies the date on which it was made and that contains,

(a) a statement of the common expenses for the unit and the default, if any, in payment of the common expenses;

(b) a statement of the increase, if any, in the common expenses for the unit that the board has declared since the date of the budget of the corporation for the current fiscal year and the reason for the increase;

(c) a statement of the assessments, if any, that the board has levied against the unit since the date of the budget of the corporation for the current fiscal year to increase the contribution to the reserve fund and the reason for the assessments;

(d) a statement of the address for service of the corporation;

(e) a statement of the names and address for service of the directors and officers of the corporation;

(f) a copy of the current declaration, by-laws and rules;

(g) a copy of all applications made under section 109 to amend the declaration for which the court has not made an order;

(h) a statement of all outstanding judgments against the corporation and the status of all legal actions to which the corporation is a party;

(i) a copy of the budget of the corporation for the current fiscal year, the last annual audited financial statements and the auditorís report on the statements;

(j) a list of all current agreements mentioned in section 111, 112 or 113 and all current agreements between the corporation and another corporation or between the corporation and the owner of the unit;

(k) a statement that the person requesting the status certificate has the rights described in subsections (7) and (8) with respect to the agreements mentioned in clause (j);

(l) a statement whether the parties have complied with all current agreements mentioned in clause 98 (1) (b) with respect to the unit;

(m) a statement with respect to,

(i) the most recent reserve fund study and updates to it,

(ii) the amount in the reserve fund no earlier than at the end of a month within 90 days of the date of the status certificate, and

(iii) current plans, if any, to increase the reserve fund under subsection 94 (8);

(n) a statement of those additions, alterations or improvements to the common elements, those changes in the assets of the corporation and those changes in a service of the corporation that are substantial and that the board has proposed but has not implemented, together with a statement of the purpose of them;

(o) a statement of the number of units for which the corporation has received notice under section 83 that the unit was leased during the fiscal year preceding the date of the status certificate;

(p) a certificate or memorandum of insurance for each of the current insurance policies;

(q) a statement of the amounts, if any, that this Act requires be added to the common expenses payable for the unit;

(r) a statement whether the Superior Court of Justice has made an order appointing an inspector under section 130 or an administrator under section 131;

(s) all other material that the regulations made under this Act require. 1998, c. 19, s. 76 (1); 2000, c. 26, Sched. B, s. 7 (5).

Comments : 

This is not the official web site for the  Ontario legislature or the Parliament of Canada. 


The section data above may not be current. Please check statute at government site and consult with your own lawyer to ensure currency. Because this information comes from many sources who may be students and not lawyers or attorneys and because this site does NOT contain solicitor-to-client personalized advice it would be unsafe to apply this information to your particular set of facts. Do not rely upon this information. Consult a lawyer face-to-face.

Canada Statutes   Ontario Statutes     Edit

If you are a lawyer or a law student and you find an error or omission on this  Property Law  page, please notify Stephen R. Biss, Barrister & Solicitor, with a proper correction, addition, usable commentary, or cross-reference that we can add to this page and if we use it, we will create a free link to your Canadian law firm web site from this page. Stephen Biss does not normally practice Property Law, but there are many  Toronto lawyers and other GTA Property Law lawyers who do. We maintain this database to stay current in areas of law where we do not normally practice.


Toronto lawyers

Toronto lawyers, Toronto family law lawyers, other family law legislation

Toronto lawyers, Toronto wills law lawyers, other wills and estates law legislation

Toronto lawyers, Toronto business law lawyers, other business law legislation

Toronto lawyers, Toronto corporations law lawyers, other corporations law legislation

Toronto lawyers, Toronto civil litigation law lawyers, other litigation law legislation and rules



For more information respecting this database or to report misuse contact: Allbiss Lawdata Ltd., 303-470 Hensall Circle, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, L5A 3V4. Allbiss Lawdata Ltd. is not a law firm. The author and the participants make no representation or warranty  whatsoever as to the authenticity and reliability of the information contained herein. Advertisement. Any lawyers listed at this site do not practice in association. WARNING: All information contained herein is provided for the purpose of providing basic information only and should not be construed as formal legal advice. The authors disclaim any and all liability resulting from reliance upon such information. You are strongly encouraged to seek professional legal advice before relying upon any of the information contained herein. Legal advice should be sought directly from a properly retained lawyer or attorney.


Warning: This is NOT a government web site. The information provided herein has NOT been provided by a government. This information has been provided by a lawyer or attorney or student, for the purpose of providing basic information about the laws and regulations enacted by a government and the government offices that apply laws and regulations, and for the purpose of encouraging discussion and facilitating proper legal challenges related to the application of laws and regulations made by government. Citizens always have the right to challenge government. Citizens need independent information not provided by government about government offices, phone numbers, locations, and their services or lack thereof. Please note that the information provided may not be up to date. It is your responsibility to meet with a lawyer or attorney in person to get complete advice. Information provided by some government sites may also be sometimes out of date, sometimes incomplete, or sometimes focused on protection of government politicians, officers, policy initiatives, and interests. It is essential that you retain and instruct an independent lawyer or attorney to represent YOUR interests and inform you accordingly.